Today around noon I drove up to Wabasso North and sailed for a couple of hours. It was basically a session of catching the gusts and riding through the lulls. I came close to completing one gybe but dropped the sail and had to uphaul it. However, I stayed dry. My arms were sore and stressed when I arrived, but I didn't let that stop me. I gave up on the gybes with the cambered World 6.0 and worked just to effect some good blasts in the straps. That I did. I also put in a long reach with little wind up the Indian River to the Islands I have described in previous posts. Unfortunately, the wind had died somewhat throughout most of the trip. I met another windsurfer when I arrived. He hailed from Annapolis and said he was 67 years old. Here's a photo taken from the same spot at the beginning of the last session.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wabasso North in a West Wind.
Today around noon I drove up to Wabasso North and sailed for a couple of hours. It was basically a session of catching the gusts and riding through the lulls. I came close to completing one gybe but dropped the sail and had to uphaul it. However, I stayed dry. My arms were sore and stressed when I arrived, but I didn't let that stop me. I gave up on the gybes with the cambered World 6.0 and worked just to effect some good blasts in the straps. That I did. I also put in a long reach with little wind up the Indian River to the Islands I have described in previous posts. Unfortunately, the wind had died somewhat throughout most of the trip. I met another windsurfer when I arrived. He hailed from Annapolis and said he was 67 years old. Here's a photo taken from the same spot at the beginning of the last session.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment