Yesterday was marginally windy out of the North in the usual Florida way i.e. gusts and lulls. I went to Wabasso North. There were two sailors on the water. I'm including a photo of them which is a bit fuzzy due to the wind's effect on the camera man. I rigged the 7.1 Pacific Sail quickly and spent a good time on the water. Unfortunately the sail couldn't hold the lulls. I was able to get in the straps and reach with it once a gust hit, but often I was frustrated by a lull and had to go back to slogging. In fact I was slogging quite a bit. In addition I found the board sluggish as expected. With the rig heavy all around, I was rather exhausted by the end of my session and glad to reach the launch unscathed. A few windsurfers came and went while I was on the water. In addition, one had the luxury of a back yard on the Indian River. All were middle aged or older. I failled to make a gybe in front of them. I attempted two, but find that I'm out of practice.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Holiday for Windsurfers
Yesterday was marginally windy out of the North in the usual Florida way i.e. gusts and lulls. I went to Wabasso North. There were two sailors on the water. I'm including a photo of them which is a bit fuzzy due to the wind's effect on the camera man. I rigged the 7.1 Pacific Sail quickly and spent a good time on the water. Unfortunately the sail couldn't hold the lulls. I was able to get in the straps and reach with it once a gust hit, but often I was frustrated by a lull and had to go back to slogging. In fact I was slogging quite a bit. In addition I found the board sluggish as expected. With the rig heavy all around, I was rather exhausted by the end of my session and glad to reach the launch unscathed. A few windsurfers came and went while I was on the water. In addition, one had the luxury of a back yard on the Indian River. All were middle aged or older. I failled to make a gybe in front of them. I attempted two, but find that I'm out of practice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment