Yesterday it was windy. I loaded the car for windsurfing in the morning with the idea that I might sail in the afternoon. However, I discovered that the rains here are much heavier than we are used to in New England. The wind also dies as the sky opens up and pours down H2O. Then the threat of lightening and tornadoes never seems far away. At the height of the mayhem the winds can reach 60 knots or higher. I didn't go out. Neither did the SUP guy who showed up in the morning and dragged his board out onto the beach for a session. The shore break was too rough for him. In fact, the water probably was too rough for him. Here's a picture from the day before. Whatever, today I see calm waters and may go swimming. He should come back but probably won't.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Near Tropical Storms
Yesterday it was windy. I loaded the car for windsurfing in the morning with the idea that I might sail in the afternoon. However, I discovered that the rains here are much heavier than we are used to in New England. The wind also dies as the sky opens up and pours down H2O. Then the threat of lightening and tornadoes never seems far away. At the height of the mayhem the winds can reach 60 knots or higher. I didn't go out. Neither did the SUP guy who showed up in the morning and dragged his board out onto the beach for a session. The shore break was too rough for him. In fact, the water probably was too rough for him. Here's a picture from the day before. Whatever, today I see calm waters and may go swimming. He should come back but probably won't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment