Friday, November 28, 2008

Update




Well, I haven't been doing anything directly with wind sports in that it hasn't been windy. However, I thought I'ld update the Blog. After spotting a small group of Porpoises at daybreak and watching them through the binoculars, I went swimming for the first time in the Ocean later this morning. I wore a long sleeve Bilabong rash guard, black in color, and Polo board shorts newly purchased at a local store. Everything went well for me. The water was cold at first, but I didn't notice it after a short while and some swimming. The rash guard is definitely a warming asset in the water. However, it can be a chilling one out of it. I did experience some sharp pain in my right knee when climbing stairs, but while swimming there was none of this. I've picked up a used touring bike for exercise and recreation which I took out once. It's definitely a different kind of equipment than the Montague bike I was riding on Cape Cod. A tight fit to which one has to adapt, I understand now why I took a hammer to the one I bought new while a college student. The shore break has a lot of power even when there's no wind here. I spent some time experiencing it with the idea that possibly I might be using a board again out there.

No comments: