After arriving in Central Florida a few days ago, I have been able to capture a picture from our balcony which I am putting up here. It was taken during a recent calm period, but I have been seeing some serious water out there. I flew my 1.0 meter two line kite yesterday while two surf kiters worked their way south along the coast to join another. The NE wave energy drives them downwind. From what I heard, they like to leave a car and drive up the coast to their launch. This is all new to me. The kiters on the cape are good at keeping upwind, but that may be because I have never seen them in serious waves.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
First Week in Florida
After arriving in Central Florida a few days ago, I have been able to capture a picture from our balcony which I am putting up here. It was taken during a recent calm period, but I have been seeing some serious water out there. I flew my 1.0 meter two line kite yesterday while two surf kiters worked their way south along the coast to join another. The NE wave energy drives them downwind. From what I heard, they like to leave a car and drive up the coast to their launch. This is all new to me. The kiters on the cape are good at keeping upwind, but that may be because I have never seen them in serious waves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment